- This module summarizes the epidemiology of HIV-1 infection in resource-rich settings
Global Overview of HIV Epidemiology in the Developed World: 1981-2012
- Prevalence, incidence, and subgroup distributions of HIV/AIDS differ across the developed worldEpidemiology of HIV in North America
- An estimated 872,990 people were living with diagnosed HIV infection in the US in 2010 (Table 1)[CDC 2013a]
- In Canada, 71,300 people were estimated to be living with HIV infection in 2011[PHAC 2012]
- HIV and AIDS incidences are higher in nonwhite people than in white people in both the US and Canada (Figure 1) (Figure 2)[CDC 2013b; PHAC 2010]...