HIV Testing and Diagnosis
Recommendations for HIV Testing
- Estimated incidence of new HIV diagnoses (12.3/100,000 population in 2016), including those classified as stage 3 (AIDS) (5.6/100,000 population in 2016), decreased in the United States from 2011-2015[CDC 2016]
- An estimated 39,782 new HIV infections occurred in 2016,[CDC 2016] with approximately one third of all new infections in the United States estimated to be the result of transmission from individuals who remain undiagnosed[Skarbinski 2015]
- CDC estimates that approximately 14.0% of those living with HIV/AIDS in the United States are unaware of their status; these rates are estimated to be comparable to those among MSM (16.0%)[CDC 2014] ...
- Login now to access all of your entitled content
- View additional options to gain access to this content