- HIV-infected patients are at increased risk of several cancers
- The following malignancies are AIDS defining: KS, high-grade B-cell NHL, and ICC
- Management of patients with AIDS-defining malignancies should involve a multidisciplinary team (Management Guidelines)[BHIVA HIV Cancer]
- Early referral of patients with malignancies to expert clinicians appears to improve outcomes[BHIVA HIV Cancer; Brook 2004]
Kaposi’s Sarcoma: Overview and Diagnosis
- KS is a multifocal, low-grade, vascular tumor caused by KS herpesvirus/HHV-8[...