Special Considerations in the Management of Women With HIV, Including Management of Conception and Pregnancy
- Approximately 25% of HIV/AIDS cases in the United States today are among women, one third of whom are 50 years of age or older[CDC 2015; CDC 2013]
- Most HIV infections in US women occur through heterosexual intercourse
- Women with HIV tend to have higher rates of antiretroviral interruption than men
- Sex-specific issues such as pregnancy and menopause have become a more important part of HIV care as life expectancy of women with HIV has improved
Approximately 25% of all HIV/AIDS cases in the United States today are among women,[CDC 2017; CDC 2013] which is an increase from 7% in 1985.[ACOG 2010] Furthermore, approximately 30% of women with HIV are 50 years of age or older....
- Login now to access all of your entitled content
- View additional options to gain access to this content